понедельник, 15 сентября 2008 г.

utah firing squad




I got the pattern traced and cut, the fabric cut, and about 1/2 of the dress sewn up. It should be done tomorrow afternoon.� Itapos;s a cap sleeve, scoop neck dress with a circle skirt.� The skirt is a red crushed velvet (well, panne) and the bodice is black spandex.� Iapos;m putting a line of red on the sleeves too- to bring the color into the top of the dresss. (I wanted to do it on the neck too, then decided curves are too hard)� Iapos;m not 100 the sleeves will work- but they use so little fabric I�can always recut.

I also tried my overlock stitch I�didnapos;t know I�have- and it works perfectly- no more zig zagging for me The zig zag always causes bunching and I guess I never realized I have this stitch. The only worry now is that each seam isnapos;t done twice- so now I have to worry about rips. I did the skirt with the two rows of zig zags, and of course it bunches- even though I�donapos;t stretch while I sew (that makes it bunch BAD, but lots of people tell you to do it)- so tomorrow my lunch hour will be ripping it out. I think itapos;s worth it to resew the seams- it will make it look a lot better.

YAY- new dress :)

(I am mostly making this to get some more practice in so I�can help Courtenay with the synchro outfits- especially if we want them by Christmas. So far Iapos;ve made 3 wearable dresses, but one totally not wearable dress. So I need all the practice I�can get.)
utah firing squad, utah first credit union, utah first time home buyer, utah first time home buyer program, utah first time home buyers.



Комментариев нет: